Find a Position
Vice President, Laboratory ServicesWellStar Health System
WellStar Health System, the largest health system in Georgia, is known nationally for its innovative care models that are focused on quality improvement and increased access to healthcare. Staying ahead of the technology curve has enabled WellStar to be a leader in both the diagnosis and treatment of an extensive array of health conditions.
The Vice President, Laboratory Services is a newly formed System position and will provide strategic leadership in developing system wide initiatives to create standardization, centralization, and economies of scale for all inpatient and outpatient/outreach clinical laboratory and pathology services within WellStar facilities and services. WellStar’s combined inpatient/outpatient test volume is currently over 7.2 million.
Candidate Qualities and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required ideally within the fields of study such as Medical Technology, Microbiology or a related scientific field.
- Master’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Health Care Administration, MBA, or related field is also required.
- Medical Technologist (MT) certification issued by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) certification issued by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP BOC) preferred.
- At least 15 years experience in laboratory services in an inpatient or outpatient setting required.
- At least 10 years of progressive management experience leading laboratory functions and managing staff, budgets and operations also required.
- Experience leading laboratory operations in a highly complex or large, multi-hospital system with multiple stakeholders is strongly preferred.
- Must have managed all aspects of laboratory operations and is familiar with Joint Commission, CLIA, CAP, and related accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Ideally, this person will have developed laboratory operations to effectively support and/or grow a significant outreach volume in a hospital-based laboratory environment.
We would appreciate receiving recommendations or nominations of qualified candidates and applications of personal interest. For more information please contact us via e-mail at:
A division of Witt/Kieffer
Back to Search Results