Find a Position
University ControllerVirginia Commonwealth University
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) is seeking a dynamic leader as their University Controller. The Controller will provide leadership in fiscal operations including financial reporting, cost accounting, general accounting, and post award accounting for grants and contracts and reporting activities for Foundation services. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Finance, the University Controller will work closely with central administration unit leaders and financial deans in the schools to ensure efficient financial operations. The Controller will support the University’s mission of instruction and research by providing sound fiscal management and accounting for financial and physical assets.
Virginia Commonwealth University is one of the premier, urban, public research university and nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity. VCU has more than 31,000 students pursuing degrees and certificate programs. The VCU Health system supports university’s health care education, research and patient care mission. VCU is located downtown in the state capitol of Richmond, VA. Not only is Richmond a great place to live, it’s also a great place to work.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or administration required. CPA is required.
- Advanced Master’s degree in business, finance, accounting, management, or related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in financial accounting, reporting, and management and a demonstrated understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and GASB and FASB standards.
- Strong planning, problem-solving, customer service and management skills, including strong leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to lead, manage and mentor a team of professionals.
- Experience managing organizational change.
- Experience building effective and collaborative relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Significant and progressively responsible experience in accounting or financial operations at an institution of higher education.
- Working familiarity with Banner or similar ERP system.
All nominations, expressions of interest, and discussions will be treated with strict confidence. We welcome your candidacy, nominations and inquiries at: VCU-UnivController@WKAdvisors.com
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Back to Search Results