Find a Position
System Director, Laboratory ServicesAdventist Health, Inc.
Adventist Health is a faith-based, nonprofit integrated health delivery system headquartered in Roseville, California, serving communities in California, Hawaii, and Oregon. Founded on Seventh-day Adventist heritage and values, Adventist Health provides compassionate community care.
The System Director, Laboratory Services is a newly formed system position and will lead the enterprise Laboratory, Pathology, and Blood Management Strategy for the organization. This leadership role will be instrumental in developing system wide initiatives to create standardization and centralization, and will direct care transformation initiatives while serving as a pivotal member of the Care Delivery team within Adventist Health facilities and services.
Candidate Qualities and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required, ideally within the fields of Medical Technology, Microbiology or a related scientific field.
- Master’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Health Care Administration, MBA, or related field is also required.
- Medical Technologist (MT) certification issued by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) certification issued by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP BOC) preferred.
- At least 15 years experience in laboratory services in an inpatient or outpatient setting required.
- At least 10 years of progressive management experience in leading laboratory functions and managing staff, budgets and operations also required.
- Experience leading laboratory operations in a complex or large, multi-hospital system with multiple stakeholders is strongly preferred.
- Must have managed all aspects of laboratory operations and be familiar with Joint Commission, CLIA, CAP, and related accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Experience in an organization where customer service/patient satisfaction is a part of the operational culture.
- Has experience with proactive and positive relationships with pathologists.
- Has conducted analyses of new business lines and technology for laboratories.
We would appreciate receiving recommendations or nominations of qualified candidates and applications of personal interest. For more information please contact us via e-mail at: AH-ADLabServices@wkadvisors.com
Back to Search Results