Find a Position
Executive Director, FoundationLake Health
WK Advisors, a division of Witt/Kieffer, is assisting Lake Health, a non-profit health system located in the Northeast Ohio area, in its search for an Executive Director for the Lake Health Foundation. This leadership position is dedicated to increasing philanthropic activity for the foundation.
Lake Health has been an integral part of the community for over 100 years. Since 1902, its mission has been providing progressive, compassionate health care to residents in and around Lake County. Its programs, services, and facilities, which focus on patients’ needs, reflect its commitment to Lake County and the surrounding communities.
Lake Health is a community health system that offers a refreshing approach to health care, treating people the way they want to be treated. It offers comfort, quality care, and doctors who go the extra mile and take the time to really listen and understand, so they know what is important to their patients.
The Executive Director for the Lake Health Foundation will be responsible for team management, strategy development, and execution of activities dedicated to increasing philanthropic activity, while taking it to new levels, including developing strategies for increasing the organization’s philanthropic income capabilities in an efficient, sustainable, and reliable manner. The developed economic resources of the foundation support Lake Health’s mission, facilities, and the activities of its hospitals and affiliate organizations.
The Executive Director will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Lake Health, with a dotted line reporting relationship to the foundation’s board of trustees.
Qualifications for the Executive Director position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline is required.
- Master’s degree in Health Care or Business Administration preferred.
- Certification as a Fundraising Executive preferred.
- At least seven to ten years of progressively responsible experience in fund development, including at least five years of leadership experience.
- An understanding of the operations and functions within a multi-service healthcare system preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and implement a full spectrum of philanthropic fund development, including major gifts, capital campaigns, prospect research, annual giving and direct mail, proposal development, and a working knowledge of the commonly used vehicles in charitable estate planning.
To request a detailed leadership profile or nominate a colleague, please e-mail WK Advisors’ team leader, Nick Rogish, at LakeHealth-EDFoundation@wkadvisors.com. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
WK Advisors, a division of the leading executive search firm Witt/Kieffer, specializes in recruiting talented emerging executives for healthcare, higher education and not-for-profit organizations. Clients include leading hospitals and health systems, academic medical centers and medical schools, managed care plans and foundations. The division is based in Louisville, Kentucky.
Back to Search Results