Find a Position
Executive Director, FinanceUC Irvine Health
UC Irvine Health seeks a dynamic, distinguished executive to serve as its next Executive Director of Finance reporting to Jay Sial, Chief Financial Officer. UC Irvine Health continues to mature as a Health Enterprise and has responsibility for the UCI Medical Center, UCI Schools of Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Public Health and many institutes within health care. The Executive Director is primarily responsible for the financial operations of the UCI Medical Center campus. The Executive Director of Finance functions as a representative for the UC Irvine Medical Center to the CFO and Executive Leadership Team.
The Executive Director provides vital financial analysis, planning, evaluation and performance monitoring services that support the organization’s short and long term tactical and strategic planning efforts. The position has oversight of capital and operating budgets, financial analysis and long-term strategic financial planning, decision support, cost accounting, benchmarking, and is the key finance leader working with the Operations leadership team on Operational Transformation. In partnership with the vision of the CFO, the Executive Director of Finance carries out greater financial initiatives for UC Irvine Medical Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Master’s degree in business administration, health administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a complex, highly competitive health care marketplace. Experience in finance in an academic medical center is preferred.
- Seven or more years of management experience in finance in healthcare.
- Significant experience with and understanding of health care information technology including clinical information systems.
- Significant experience with and understanding of health care information technology, including clinical information systems.
- Significant experience with decision support systems (Eclipsys Epsi, MedAssets, or McKessen).
- Knowledge of healthcare finance in the California market would be ideal.
Confidential review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Nominations, expressions of interest and applications (including statement of application and a resume) should be submitted to Ben Haden and April Allen, preferably via e-mail, to:
Back to Search Results