Find a Position
Director, Patient ExperienceSaint Agnes Medical Center
Saint Agnes Medical Center (SAMC), located in Fresno within California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, is a 436-bed, thriving, state-of-the-art, comprehensive medical center. SAMC’s commitment to meeting the healthcare needs of Central California residents is rooted in its humble beginnings as a 75-bed bed hospital in 1929 to its current state-of-the-art Medical Center campus. Saint Agnes is a member of Trinity Health, the second largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery system in the nation. Trinity Health covers 21 states with 93 hospitals and a myriad of services covering the full continuum of healthcare.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, Executive Management, the Director, Patient Experience is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and monitoring programs and strategies to create a culture of exceptional service. The Director, Patient Experience is responsible for fostering and leading initiatives to improve delivery of exceptional patient and family centered care, including service recovery aspects and Relationship Based Care. This position will collaborate with executive and management teams to evaluate and communicate performance and to create change at all levels of the organization. The Director leads and facilitates service excellence teams, as well as assists in the establishment of goals, objectives, tactics, and outcome measures. Additional responsibilities include coaching, mentoring, and training, in order to maintain accountability for leadership of direct-report employees. The Director, Patient Experience will be the organizational expert on patient satisfaction and service excellence, while always staying mindful of Saint Agnes Medical Center’s unrelenting pursuit of excellence.
- Proactively anticipate, identify, research, and provide for service excellence and needs of the patients, families, visitors, physicians, colleagues, and vendors using appropriate service excellence best practices.
- Clearly define the preeminent Patient Experience, including the behavioral changes necessary to achieve cultural transformation throughout the entire organization.
- Serve as liaison between patients and the medical center for the purpose of anticipating, receiving, and incorporating patient feedback into Saint Agnes Medical Center’s (SAMC) Service Excellence Program.
- Develop the framework and protocols in which all Patient Experience initiatives will be deployed across Saint Agnes Medical Center
- Provide regular patient feedback, perceptions, and opportunities for improvement to Administration and Directors for integration with the Service Excellence Program.
- Strategically develop and enhance performance metrics and measurement methods using standardized and customized tools in order to consistently measure results.
- Collaborate with departments as needed to design and implement education for all staff so that service excellence problems can be avoided and addressed in the appropriate manner to improve overall patient satisfaction.
- Provide a central source of information, referral, and interpretation of healthcare service excellence systems, programs, policies, and procedures, making appropriate referrals to other resources.
- Serves as the organization’s Relationship Based Care lead. Responsible for development and implementation of the program at SAMC.
- Facilitate periodic trending reports to be presented to Administration and to various department directors for use when making recommendations for operational changes and other system improvements toward improving Service Excellence.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-departmental personnel to meet the needs of the organization in providing excellent patient experience and satisfaction
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure alignment of people, processes, systems, and rewards across Saint Agnes Medical Center. Identify organizational partners through a clearly defined mission and vision for the Service Excellence Program through the development of patient and provider advocacy groups. Establish effective working relationships and strong credibility with executive management, physician leadership, and staff throughout SAMC.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for service recovery, maintaining an active comprehension of current thought leadership and innovative solutions for programs regarding the patient experience.
- Conduct a thorough assessment and evaluation of the current structure, function, and performance of the patient relations and service excellence program. Identify gaps, improve upon strengths, and articulate a strategic program.
- Champion highly successful provider and patient engagement initiatives that heighten awareness in the region about the Patient Experience at SAMC.
- Monitor national CAHPS and patient experience trends and federal requirements.
- Coach leaders and staff for improved results and execution of best practices and chosen strategies
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Healthcare-related field is required, BSN is preferred.
- State of California Registered Nurse License is preferred.
- Five years leadership experience in a healthcare setting or in a service business such as the hospitality industry is required.
- A results-oriented focus on continuous improvement of patient satisfaction scores is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to serve as role model are required.
- Professional Certification and/or courses in the field of patient experience such as Body of Knowledge Certificate Programs in Patient Experience is highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills with the ability to influence, collaborate with, and motivate others.Three to five years of experience in using the performance improvement process.
- Five or more years of leadership in patient experience or service excellence role.
- Proven track record of developing strategy, detailed implementation plans, and tactical execution.
- Articulate in creating and presenting information to hospital executive leadership, medical staff, and various external settings.
- An aggressive compensation package, including outstanding benefits and relocation assistance, is offered.
4451 Brownridge Terrace, Suite 201
Medford, OR 97504
Phone: (424) 352-1667
Back to Search Results