Find a Position
Director of Employee RelationsMemorial Healthcare System
Director of Employee Relations
Memorial Healthcare System (MHS) is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and engaging Director, Employee Relations to support one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit health systems. The Employee Relations department is part of a larger shared vision to deliver diversity and equality in a health system that is at the forefront of enterprise engagement. The Director advises and guides the health system on policy and practice related to employee relations and compliance issues and will make certain that an equal and diverse workplace is available to all qualified individuals on a nondiscriminatory and non-harassment basis. This newly-created corporate level position will play a key role in efforts to create consistency and raise the bar on employee relations initiatives across the system. This role will serve as the lead HR investigator for complex and sensitive investigations, and will provide training to HR teams and operational leaders on a variety of employee relations topics, including conducting effective investigations. This individual will also lead the system wide employee Grievance process, manage employee relations projects, and assist with document preparation for defense proceedings
Candidate Qualities and Qualifications
- Advanced degree in business administration, health care administration, human resource management or related field.
- Juris Doctor, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years in an HR leadership position with responsibility for employee relations.
- Experience with high-volume investigations, conducting complex investigations of a sensitive nature, and preparation of documentation for use in defense proceedings.
- Advanced critical thinking, evaluative, consultative, and problem solving skills. Ability to effectively summarize and present information.
- Experience creating and delivering training to leaders and HR teams.
- Skill in planning and assessing needs and trends, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures at a large enterprise in healthcare or similar field.
- Previous experience with high volume investigations and those of a complex nature is required. Investigations with internal political implications, requiring polish and finesse are especially relevant.
- Experience in complex multi-hospital systems is a plus.
We would appreciate receiving recommendations or nominations of qualified candidates and applications of personal interest. For more information please contact us via e-mail at:
Back to Search Results