Find a Position
Director of Emergency ServicesMary Washington Hospital
Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg, Virginia is seeking to find a key leader for their flagship hospital Director of Emergency Services role. Mary Washington Healthcare is a not-for-profit regional health system of two hospitals, an integrated multi-specialty medical group, numerous ambulatory centers including one with a free-standing emergency department, and over 40 healthcare facilities and wellness services. They are recognized as a Magnet Nursing facility, they hold “best hospital” recognitions, and numerous quality of care awards. They are also a fully integrated Epic client and are well known for their commitment to quality and the community they serve.
The Director of Emergency Services will oversee the flagship hospital’s emergency department and regional trauma center, observation unit, and a free-standing emergency room in the south part of their service area. The department is highly important to the system and leadership is committed to giving them the resources for it to be a best practice department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing is required. Master’s degree in Nursing, Business, Health Administration or related field is strongly preferred.
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia is required.
- Should possess minimum of five to seven years of management experience in emergency nursing/patient care leadership and over ten years experience in a large, complex hospital setting.
- Experience in a designated trauma center and/or larger and more complex emergency room setting is preferred.
- Experience in recruiting and retaining nursing departmental staff in a competitive marketplace. Ideally, this person will bring new and creative strategies to retain existing staff.
Fredericksburg located just one hour south of Washington, DC and 45 minutes north of Richmond, Virginia’s state capital. This city is well known for its historic heritage as a center of activity during the Colonial and Civil War eras. In addition, it is one of the fastest growing cities in the state and offers the amenities of a big city but the charm of a small town.
We would appreciate receiving recommendations or nominations of qualified candidates and applications of personal interest. All nominations will be handled with the utmost of professional courtesy and confidentiality. For more information please contact us via e-mail at: MaryWashHealthDirED@wkadvisors.com .
Back to Search Results