Find a Position
Director, Human Resources, Physician DivisionMemorial Healthcare System
Memorial Healthcare System, headquartered in Hollywood, FL, is an award-winning workplace and one of the largest not-for-profit health systems in the nation dedicated to improving the health, well-being and most of all, quality of life for the people entrusted to their care. Memorial Healthcare System was started in 1953, and since that time has been providing high-quality healthcare services to South Florida residents. Today, it is highly regarded for its exceptional patient- and family-centered care. The organization provides an array of primary care, tertiary and quaternary services throughout its six acute care hospitals and outpatient ancillary facilities, including:
Memorial Healthcare System (MHS) is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and engaging Director of Human Resources, Physician Division to support one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit health systems. The Director of Human Resources, Physician Division will be an integral member of the executive management team and will serve as a system resource across Memorial Healthcare System (MHS). He/she will serve as a mentor and develop a strong, effective, and responsive team ensuring a full array of top quality human resources skills, service, and knowledge are available to the management and personnel at Memorial Healthcare. He/she will assist senior management, directors, managers, and others at all levels of the organization with human resources related issues and be viewed as a valued resource to all.
- Act as a strategic partner to senior level executives for navigating complexities through continuous process improvement, productivity, and creative staffing solutions to align HR support with organizational and divisional priorities.
- Create and communicate a Physician Services HR strategy and goals that ensures the achievement of the organization’s strategic plan. Establish a platform of best practices and performance metrics for measuring the effectiveness of HR programs across the organization.
- Work closely with Physician Recruitment and Compensation to align processes and ensure an exceptional physician experience that positions Memorial Healthcare’s Physician Divisions in a competitive medical labor market, while balancing the needs of the organization and the interests of the workforce. Develop communication initiatives to communicate to employees the value of their compensation and benefit plans.
- Drive employee engagement initiatives across the Physician Division.
- Liaise with department heads, faculty, chiefs and chairs to ensure confidence and satisfaction with health system/faculty human resources relations. Work collaboratively across the organization, as assigned divisions span multiple locations and require partnerships with other departments inside and outside of HR.
- Recognize the need for change; adapt to and cause others to adapt to values, strategies, goals and plans in response to changing business conditions.
- Contribute to Memorial Healthcare remaining a prominent employer with regional recognition through contemporary human resources strategies, tactics, and program introductions. While accolades are rewarding, of utmost importance is ensuring that Memorial Healthcare remains a place where people want to work.
- Ensure HR infrastructures and processes to meet current and future business demands.
- Participate in performance improvement activities; assist in maintaining compliance with The Joint Commission (THC) accreditation and other internal and external regulatory standards, including the code of conduct with the Administrative Director, Employee Relations and the senior team.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years in a human resources leadership position with increasing responsibility.
- Experience working with physician executives.
- Track record of developing relationships with operational leaders and providing high quality and responsive human resources support.
- Advanced critical thinking, evaluative, consultative, and problem solving skills. Ability to effectively summarize and present information.
- Experience creating and delivering training to leaders and human resources teams.
- Skill in planning and assessing needs and trends, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures at a large enterprise in healthcare or similar field.
- Experience working in a complex, matrixed environment. Ideally has gone through integration of new organizations and employees, following newly acquired entities or affiliation arrangements.
- Creative problem solving skills with the willingness to take the initiative in leading change. Track record of positive impact in a complex organization.
- Master’s degree in business administration, health care administration, human resource management or related field.
Leadership, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, commitment to high standards, a strong work ethic, innovation, honesty, integrity, and judgment. Must be intelligent, creative, high energy, polished, and serve as the strategic partner to the Administrative Director, Employee Relations and the senior team.
- Believes in exceptional patient care, education, research, and service to the community.
- A sense of urgency to accomplish organization and physician practice agendas. Independent thinker who is a self-starter that will operate with high ethics and within the core values of Memorial Healthcare System
- Respected leader that inspires accountability. Strong leadership, coaching/mentoring skills and ability to teach others the same.
- Leadership will be most important to the success of this individual as he/she must be politically savvy, a good negotiator, facilitator, and consensus builder. Must be flexible, a self-starter, a multi-tasker, organized, positive, and proactive.
Please direct all nominations and resumes to Kyle Wiederhold or Kristina Paudler, preferably via e-mail to MHS-DirHRPhysDiv@wkadvisors.com. Information that cannot be sent electronically may be forwarded to:
Kyle Wiederhold or Kristina Paudler
A Division of Witt/Kieffer
295 N. Hubbards Lane, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40207
Memorial Healthcare System values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Back to Search Results