Find a Position
Vice President, Patient Safety and QualityAdventist Health
Adventist Health is a faith-based, nonprofit integrated health delivery system headquartered in Roseville, California, serving communities in California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington. Founded on Seventh-day Adventist heritage and values, Adventist Health provides compassionate community care.
The Vice President, Patient Safety and Quality is a newly formed role and provides a critical leadership role at the system level, accountable for leading, developing and deploying a comprehensive High Reliability Organization (HRO) program, best practices and standardization of process as it relates to clinical quality and patient safety.
Candidate Qualities and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree is assumed. A Master’s degree in healthcare or business administration and/or a clinical discipline is required. Registered Nurse qualification is helpful and would require a CA license within six months of hire, but other clinical backgrounds will be strongly considered.
- CPHQ and/or Patient Safety Certification strongly preferred.
- Must have seven or more years of increasing responsibility in leadership/oversight of quality and patient safety with at least three of those years being in a healthcare system. Experience in building or leading an HRO is highly desired.
- Training in project management/lean or sigma training.
- Experience in an integrated healthcare delivery system is ideal.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills to develop effective, collaborative and productive working relationships and partnerships with all levels of management and staff in the organization.
- Ability to influence results and tactfully manage complex relationships and influences within and across the organization and system.
- Well-developed management skills, including the ability to recruit, retain, coach, mentor and direct a high performing team.
We would appreciate receiving recommendations or nominations of qualified candidates and applications of personal interest. For more information please contact us via e-mail at:
A division of Witt/Kieffer
Back to Search Results